Best Time of Day For Fragging SPS

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to begin my first aggressive mother colony fragging in my SPS tank.

In thinking about the recovery of both frag and mother colony post fragging, is there a better time of day to begin this process? Does anyone have better experience later in the day allowing recovery time overnight, or would the freshly fragged corals prefer access to daylight immediately?

IMG_20141129_124515726_HDR.jpg

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I have never thought about that or paid attention. I have fragged at all times of day and night. While I prefer to be asleep at 3am there have been times I was still playing and fragging in my fish room. I rarely loose acro frags and put little thought into it. Frag, glue and put in frag tank. Zoas are more a concern. My big tip is get the frag in the same water as the MC

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always fragged and then let the newly cut frags rest overnight with no light. I've only fragged zoas and there is no science behind my theory but I figured it was less stressful in the dark rather than having them open and orienting themselves to the light immediately after being cut.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back