Best underwater glue???

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so im wondering what do you think is the best glue/adhesive to use to glue corals underwater???

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your dealing with underwater applications I would use a 2 part puddy compound. If your out of the water and making frags or sticking something to a rock to place in the water I would use Cyanoacrylate which is a fast acting super glue.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your dealing with underwater applications I would use a 2 part puddy compound. If your out of the water and making frags or sticking something to a rock to place in the water I would use Cyanoacrylate which is a fast acting super glue.

You took the words out of my mouth Perry.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use apoxie sculpt for a two part mix and ic gel (cyanoacrylate). The two part stuff is only good for mounting small frags underwater. It will not hold up if you want to mount something big. Best thing to do is use the two part and ic gel together.

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ic gel to only problems iv had with it is the caps

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have the cyanocrylate that i use for out of water frags. i tried the ic gel for underwater but it just sets too quickly doesnt stay sticky enough inside the blob of gel to get it to attach. where do you get the apoxie sculpt?

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the cynoacrylate glue under water and out of water. THough I apply it out of water and then when I get it to its location do a little twist and BAM its there.

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hummmm well thats what i was doing with the ic gel but several of them just didnt seem to really wanna stick... guess i will just keep at it.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hummmm well thats what i was doing with the ic gel but several of them just didnt seem to really wanna stick... guess i will just keep at it.

I just tried the IC gel this weekend and wasn't impressed-LOCTITE gel is solid just not big enuff tubes

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have the small bottle of loctite maybe i will check into their gel.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i like the lock tite also.... it works way better than the ic gel, but i have to admit that they arent quite big enough, but they are way better than any other glue i have tried.... they sell them in 10 gram tubes, but i think it takes about 1/2 as much as the ic gel, and it sticks way better...
shane

Back