Best way to clean the glass

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what people think is the best way to clean their glass on the inside. I noticed a very small scratch on the inside of my tank and now dont know how I should be cleaning my glass to avoid more scratches. To date, I have been using a razor blade to scrape away. I originally used a mag float but was worried that any of my sand bed might get behind the magfloat and scratch the glass. Any suggestions / best practices to keep the glass pristine? Thanks

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a shark magnet for daily/light duties. However, since I often get behind on that, I use a hotel card or other likes to scrape coraline. I do have acrylic though.

corey

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what people think is the best way to clean their glass on the inside. I noticed a very small scratch on the inside of my tank and now dont know how I should be cleaning my glass to avoid more scratches. To date, I have been using a razor blade to scrape away. I originally used a mag float but was worried that any of my sand bed might get behind the magfloat and scratch the glass. Any suggestions / best practices to keep the glass pristine? Thanks
It's unfortunate your glass has been damaged but honestly I believe it's unavoidable, moving aquascape, sand frags etc, I brought a used aquarium and did not realise the amount of scratches until I filled up with water.
I think any razor blade algae scraper will be as good or sometimes better then suggested 'tunze' as besides cheaper, you also get many razor blades in addition to cost.
In regards to magnet cleaning, if you ensure your internal magnet Is debris free then again, I'm sure it will be great at cleaning

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the Tunze?
I realize this wasn’t directed towards me, but the thing I prefer about my Tunze is that only the two blades are in contact with the glass so sand getting trapped and scratching isn’t an issue.

I have mag floats, flipper, algae free, and Tunze magnetic scrapers and the Tunze works the best for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back