Best way to glue aiptasia?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a couple of them but i have been putting super glue on a tooth pick and trying to stab and cover them with the blob of glue but it does not want to stick in the little aiptasia holes in the rock. It winds up sticking too well to the tooth pick. Any suggestions??

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use kalk. Turn of the pumps, mix up some kalk in some water to make a paste. Apply it to each aiptasia with a syringe like one in a test kit. You can dribble a little bit on them and they will try and eat it... then when they retract, you can cover them up a bit more. Leave the flow pumps off for a while (like an hour, or so) to let this marinate - I usually let the return pump run since it does not stir up the kalk in my tank. The kalk should be thick enough that you can write with it and it stays put as you squeeze it out of the syringe.

When this is done marinating, you can either siphon the kalk back out into a bucket, or just turn the flow pumps back on and it it mix up... this will raise your pH, so don't use too much kalk.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back