Best way to sell a complete setup - advice please

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling a complete setup with a lot of supplies, accessories, fish and (many) coral colonies. It's an "everything must go in one fell swoop" sale. What is the best way to do this? Where should I be advertising?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried your local LFS? Mine does full tank break downs but not sure how their pricing is.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like already said before, you have to sell if for literally pennies for someone to take a whole setup. whole setup sales are the hardest you can do, most people dont want your problems, they want something new, so it has to be insanely cheap to make it worth it to them.

as for where, you need to locally offer it up, nobody online is gonna buy a setup, they have to be within reasonable driving time.

good luck.
Have you tried your local LFS? Mine does full tank break downs but not sure how their pricing is.
alot of LFS no longer pay for things like this. all the local ones here will take whatever you need a home for, but they dont pay you anything and you get 0 store credit, its just so the animals dont die.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling a complete setup with a lot of supplies, accessories, fish and (many) coral colonies. It's an "everything must go in one fell swoop" sale. What is the best way to do this? Where should I be advertising?
advertise on your local facebook reef groups, or local town buy/sell pages, craigslist, and any local reefing clubs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back