Best way to use Reef Chili

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you please answer a couple of basic questions about the use of Reef Chili for me?

The instructions say to use 1 scoop of Reef Chili for every 20 gallons, mixed with 1/2 cup of water and that this can be broadcast or target fed. I can understand that mixture calculation for broadcast feeding but that means that, if target feeding, the mixture is 'stronger' per coral the bigger the tank is, which doesn't seem right. Is there a different recommended mixture for target feeding or have I misunderstood something?

Secondly, how quickly does the solution 'go off' after mixing. If I have some left in the squeezy bottle, do I need to throw it away or can I use it over the next couple of days?

Thanks,

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For a paste just add water to a small amount until you reach consistency you desire.

Use a small syringe or long coral feeder to spot feed the coral you want.

Can't say to how long after you mix it will last. But in the fridge airtight would be the best way.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way most of us around here use Reef Chili is to broadcast feed, but if you're going to be target feeding, I usually like to make a paste like @MERKEY mentioned. Just keep in mind that a little goes a long way, so if you're going to use this method to spot feed, I would suggest feeding less frequently. If you can, mix up a fresh batch each time you feed. If you have to store it, a couple of days in the refrigerator is fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back