RFA Baby

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a baby rock flower anemone earlier today. I have a total of 11 rock flower anemones in my office aquarium.

IMG_5978.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpeg

Will it get enough food from what I broadcast feed the tank, or should I target feed the baby with some fine foods? What are the chances that more babies will appear? I have no fish in this tank, but there are a few small gorilla crab hitchhikers that came with the live rock.

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will get enough food from your broadcast feedings. If you want it to grow faster, you can target feed it a couple of times a week. I started with a few RFAs years ago, now I have lots of them. I expect you will definitely see more.

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will get enough food from your broadcast feedings. If you want it to grow faster, you can target feed it a couple of times a week. I started with a few RFAs years ago, now I have lots of them. I expect you will definitely see more.
Thanks for the insight @garygb

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a baby rock flower anemone earlier today. I have a total of 11 rock flower anemones in my office aquarium.

IMG_5978.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpeg

Will it get enough food from what I broadcast feed the tank, or should I target feed the baby with some fine foods? What are the chances that more babies will appear? I have no fish in this tank, but there are a few small gorilla crab hitchhikers that came with the live rock.
RFAs are photosynthetic, right?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5978.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpeg

Awe its a cutie!!! And seems like you have a good chance of having more since you obviously have a male and female and they spawned! Very cool!

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then no need to target feed them at all
I’ve read conflicting information regarding this. Some people have success with the babies without target feeding. While others lose them if they don’t target feed. I plan to target feed a few days a week. I target feed the adults mysis twice a week.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the rfa’s in mind when I set this tank up. I can always relocate other coral if I have to.
Yeah, I don't have a big enough tank for them. I only have one low current area as well.
It's ok though. We can't have everything. I still love those though and there is a guy nearby that sells them in case I ever decide to do it.

After the renovations on my house are done, a new and bigger tank will happen...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back