• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BEWARE INNOVATIVE MARINE!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Miketc17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEWARE: Just wanted to share some feed back on this company.

I purchased a Lagoon 50 AIO and stand directly from IM and boy was that a mistake. I fully understand and I’m not arguing other people’s experiences. I’m here to solely share my experience, unfortunately it was just a bad one. Paul Chung called me a day after placing my order (which I thought was really cool) and gave me an idea of how everything was going to go moving forward. I thought wow, great customer service. I was really impressed. Paul specifically mentioned it was going to arrive on a single pallet all tied down. Well, the tank ended up arriving separately and then the stand. I wasn’t home to receive it since I work crazy hours with no set days off. I got home and opened everything up to find out the stand was missing pieces, several parts of the stand were damaged/dented, the back of the tank had two big chips in the glass and several scratches on the glass. I documented everything and sent it all to Paul the next day. Paul seemed to be beating around the bush and didn’t seem to really want to take responsibility. The same tank and color were now out of stock. So I asked if they could take this 50 back since it’s all damaged and upgrade me to a SR60 or SR80 and I’d pay the difference since those were still in stock. Paul said no problem and to just scratch in “void” on the front panel of the tank and send him a picture, which I did. Some more back and forth emails to clarify all the details of the upgrade and so forth. Finally, we agreed on an arrangement, but by then BOTH the SR60 and SR80 were out of stock and would be out of stock for 2-3 months. I couldn’t wait that long because I had livestock already in buckets, which I made clear to Paul. So I kindly asked Paul to refund me because I didn’t pay for a damaged tank and stand. Paul then proceeds to tell me that I have to pay for the shipping (from New Jersey to California) and that I would also be charged a 15% restocking fee. Needless to say, I am now stuck with a $1000 scratched and chipped aquarium with a non-functioning stand. Pretty ridiculous. I will be taking further action through the proper channels. Words can’t describe how appalled and disappointed I aim. Luckily, I documented it all.

Like I said, I’m just sharing my feedback that I think the rest of the community should be aware of.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEWARE: Just wanted to share some feed back on this company.

I purchased a Lagoon 50 AIO and stand directly from IM and boy was that a mistake. I fully understand and I’m not arguing other people’s experiences. I’m here to solely share my experience, unfortunately it was just a bad one. Paul Chung called me a day after placing my order (which I thought was really cool) and gave me an idea of how everything was going to go moving forward. I thought wow, great customer service. I was really impressed. Paul specifically mentioned it was going to arrive on a single pallet all tied down. Well, the tank ended up arriving separately and then the stand. I wasn’t home to receive it since I work crazy hours with no set days off. I got home and opened everything up to find out the stand was missing pieces, several parts of the stand were damaged/dented, the back of the tank had two big chips in the glass and several scratches on the glass. I documented everything and sent it all to Paul the next day. Paul seemed to be beating around the bush and didn’t seem to really want to take responsibility. The same tank and color were now out of stock. So I asked if they could take this 50 back since it’s all damaged and upgrade me to a SR60 or SR80 and I’d pay the difference since those were still in stock. Paul said no problem and to just scratch in “void” on the front panel of the tank and send him a picture, which I did. Some more back and forth emails to clarify all the details of the upgrade and so forth. Finally, we agreed on an arrangement, but by then BOTH the SR60 and SR80 were out of stock and would be out of stock for 2-3 months. I couldn’t wait that long because I had livestock already in buckets, which I made clear to Paul. So I kindly asked Paul to refund me because I didn’t pay for a damaged tank and stand. Paul then proceeds to tell me that I have to pay for the shipping (from New Jersey to California) and that I would also be charged a 15% restocking fee. Needless to say, I am now stuck with a $1000 scratched and chipped aquarium with a non-functioning stand. Pretty ridiculous. I will be taking further action through the proper channels. Words can’t describe how appalled and disappointed I aim. Luckily, I documented it all.

Like I said, I’m just sharing my feedback that I think the rest of the community should be aware of.
I’m really sorry you had to experience this, unfortunately some people just want to sell and don’t understand they are in the customer service industry. If they made a mistake and couldn’t uphold their word, then a full refund should be issued since the mistake was in their behalf.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back