OP
BGrand

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while. Tank is doing great. Just added a BTA and he is doing awesome. Of course he is not sitting where I want him but that is to be expected. Pics coming soon.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while. Tank is doing great. Just added a BTA and he is doing awesome. Of course he is not sitting where I want him but that is to be expected. Pics coming soon.
Looks great. You still running the one kessil? Oops I see you have something else. Maybe a AP 700.. I though you were going with the 360x.

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. You still running the one kessil? Oops I see you have something else. Maybe a AP 700.. I though you were going with the 360x.
No I went with the Cobaly C-ray 2000. Love them. Waiting for the PAR meter to check them but seem to be getting decent growth. Here are some updated pics.

Full Tank with Light.jpg Tank Sump.jpg Duncans.jpg GBTA.jpg RBTA.jpg Yellow Candy Cane.jpg

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you all help me ID this. It was growing around my mushroom plug. I pulled the plug and scrubbed it off the plug. I put the mushroom in a different local. I scrubbed the plug hole but it is growing back. Also if you can, please let me know how to remove it. For the record this entire rock could be pulled out with no issue.

Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 4.jpg
Pic 1.jpg

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread, looking good! Hard to tell from the pic, but might be a sponge? If so they it is harmless. Even beneficial!

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your thread, looking good! Hard to tell from the pic, but might be a sponge? If so they it is harmless. Even beneficial!
Thanks. Hope it is!

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have turned the whites on to 100% and everything else off for these pics. It makes my rock look so green ;Vomit I took a few pics hoping to catch something you can see. I love that "Jill" my Flame Angel is photo bombing one of the pics. It's Jill because let's be honest she was the hottest of Charlie's Angels.

What is the white stuff in the plug hole???

Hope it helps:

White.jpg
White - 2.jpg
White - 3.jpg
White - 4.jpg

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More convinced its a sponge. I have them in my tank, usually in shady areas. Harmless filter feeders that haven't caused me any issues. Probably more of a hassle to try and remove it.

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like a blenny might help with the green rock. Natural part of the maturing of your tank.

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo Space has finally picked her anemone she wants to host with.

Jill the Flame Angel keeps photo bombing the video. In case you were wondering why Jill. Let's be honest Jill was the hottest of Charlie’s Angels (Farrah Fawcett).

Pay close attention and you will see Wu the Blue Hippo Tang dart across the screen. Wu Tang

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Nemo Space changed her mind and is now all about the Rose Bubble Tip.

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemo Space is an anemone Ho. She uses them all.

IMG_E2719.JPG IMG_E2878.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been about a month since my last post. I have lost some hard coral and an anemone. After running several water samples I realized my iodine was pretty much non-existent. I have now got that corrected and the remaining three anemones seem to be doing well other than they don't want to stay in place. I'm beginning to think I have too much flow so I'm going to start playing with that soon. Had the loaner PAR meter in September and the PAR is great so I know it's not lighting. Anyway I am sure I will get the tank a little more dialed in. I'm sure being on vacation for 10 days with the next door neighbor watching the tank and dosing for me didn't help either (believe me he was still a huge help and I really appreciated his help!!). Here are some updated pics (2 of the 3 anemones are camera shy and hanging out in the back.)

Tank 11-17-19.jpg
Tank Close-up 11-17-19 1.jpg
Tank Close-up 11-17-19 3.jpg

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been awhile. My RBTA split this week. Here are some pics:

RBTA Split Blue Light.jpg
RBTA Split Reg Light.jpg

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also installed my two new Ecotech Dosers. One is dosing NOPOX and and the other is dosing All-For-Reef. Here are updated pics of my cabinet.

Sump 3.jpg
Sump 1.jpg
Sump 2.jpg
Sump 4.jpg

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So......

Several things have happened since my last update.

First off on a personal note my wife's cousin who is on active duty in the Army and was relocating with his family from Alaska to Virginia stopped by to visit for a week during the move, 6 weeks ago. The DOD stopped all movement for COVID and they have been stuck at our house ever since (potentially until mid to end of June). SO our empty nest has now become a nest with a family including 1 and 5 year old boys. All with only an SUV full of stuff. Their entire house is packed in a moving unit sitting in Virginia (we went out and bought a crib for the baby at week two). So the tank was constantly being tapped on by little hands. But after 6 weeks we have that under control. Luckily we didn't move out of the four bedroom house and downsize yet.

So now back to the tank.....

While on a week long cruise at the end of February in to March, my flame angel ate all of my soft coral. Only coral left in my tank are the Pulsing Xeina and Kryptonite Candy Cane.

I didn't really want to do anything since we are going to completely re-do the living room including painting and carpet (which means moving the tank out and back in).

Then a couple of weeks ago we lost power for 4 hours during a storm. Apparently when power came back on my heater went out. ON HIGH of course. About 36 hours after the storm I woke up to see the flame angel and wrasse both dead. When i put my hand in the water to get them out I realized the water was crazy hot. Sure enough look at the temperature and it was 98. I immediately put a gallon of cold water in the sump followed by ice to bring the temp down. So far almost two weeks later everyone else seems to be doing okay. I bought a new heater with controller and alarm. Lesson learned!!!

Also when I was looking under the tank I noticed two sizable cracks on the bottom tank panel. Therefore when we do the living room update I will also be replacing a tank. Fingers crossed before the tank gives out.

So that's all, only a couple of minor things!!! LOL

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been awhile. We decided to build a new house that won't be finished until February. In the meantime we list our house (we have been in it for 20 years) and it sold in 4 days.

We will now be staying at my parents house for 6 months while the new house is being built. Therefore I made the decision to sell the whole setup to prevent to much stress to everyone in the tank. It sold pretty quick to a person that really seems to like it and will take good care of it.

Sad but this is just the next phase of my saltwater adventure. Once the new house is done we will be finishing the basement and I see a aquarium built in the wall in my future. I will start a new thread when that process starts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back