Bicolor angel in reef tank?

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ve asked this on here before but today I was at my lfs and they had got in a large 4 inch bicolor angel. I have fell in love with this fish but not enough where I wanna risk my corals. Do you think it’s worth the risk don’t want to waste $30 if it’s just gonna eat my corals I have everything from torch to pulsing Xenia

candelloro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ve asked this on here before but today I was at my lfs and they had got in a large 4 inch bicolor angel. I have fell in love with this fish but not enough where I wanna risk my corals. Do you think it’s worth the risk don’t want to waste $30 if it’s just gonna eat my corals I have everything from torch to pulsing Xenia
I personally wouldn’t do it, dwarf angels are always a hit or miss with coral but if you’re willing to take that risk then go ahead. Just watch for nipping

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sincerely hoping no one gives you any encouragement because that's all it would take for me to try one in my tank and I think I know how it would turn out.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want this fish I almost bought it yesterday. Might try it and it doesn’t workout just do credit at the store

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What all corals will they nip at. I have frogspawn, hammer, devils hand, toadstool, purple torch, gsp, Yuma mushrooms, bullseye mushroom, trumpet, anemones, pulsing Xenia, red cap, Duncan

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angel if fed plenty and it likes your food will likely only nip and not destroy the corals. Note: just like you have a favorite food and so does your neighbor and they aren't the same favorite food it's hard to say what will be it's favorite. I will say if it is fed a lot of food it likes that it will likely not be too much of a pest to more than 1 type. If I had to guess which type I would say your Xenia might be in for a rough time. But each angel even of the same species is different.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may get it and just make sure it has plenty of nori everyday

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy it remember this from LA "The Bicolor Angelfish requires a diet of Spirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, and mysis or frozen shrimp." Be prepared to feed it what it wants or it may go looking in your tank for something yummy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some frozen mysis mixed with spirulina and has krill and I have nori

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to work at 3 in the am tank don’t come on I’ll 7 could I clip nori at 3 or that way to early

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bi-color and a coral beauty in my tank. I feed pellets 5 times a day as well as frozen once. Nori every few days. My corals (SPS) are growing fine but my polyp extension is ZERO. I have no idea why and haven’t seen them nip anything but I can only assume they do. Or maybe I just don’t have PE in my tank. But I’ve gotten hairy shaggy millis from friends and in my tank they are hairy or shaggy :)

Corey

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it home in tank but had to leave as soon as I dropped it in so I’ll see how it does

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added one to my tank, my flame, beauty, and tangs turned him into a tri colored angel.

He made a expensive snack for my CUC.

Last edited:
Back