Bicolor blennies

  • Thread starter Thread starter jadedog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jadedog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Messages
382
Reaction score
206
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a bicolor blenny in my display tank for about three weeks. I've just read tons of horror stories about them eating coral and going rogue has anyone had a bicolor blenny for a extended time period with no issues? I have a few coral in my tank and I've yet to see him nip or bother them but now im kinda worried. I thought they were completely reef safe but I was obviously wrong I like the guy alot and rather not re home him but I guess I will have to if he starts eating coral. Im mainly planning a softy tank but I do have a micro mussa and plan on getting a few more lps.
 
I have one and I’ve seen him nip at coral but I keep him well fed so there’s never much damage done. Softies shouldn’t be a problem at all. Just keep an eye on LPS.
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars
 
Upvote 0
I have one and I’ve seen him nip at coral but I keep him well fed so there’s never much damage done. Softies shouldn’t be a problem at all. Just keep an eye on LPS.
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars
Thanks for the response. It's my fault I went to the store with intention of getting a midas and left with a bi color lol. I'll just keep a eye out and hopefully everything goes well.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new