Big and recurring shifts in trident post-recalibration

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I recently recalibrated my trident, about 2 months since my last recalibration per the recommendations. I saw a swing in all three parameters, but most notably in CA, which swung from about 440 consistently to 370 post-calibration and for a few days now. This also isn't the first time this has happened, I want to say last time it was a big Alk difference last time. I put the calibration fluid basically exactly where the line takes in water from the tank, my trident is outside the tank cabinet, etc., but I'm concerned that this keeps happening. I'm really not sure what my actual levels are, especially as I've been significantly upping manual dosing of CA but my CA levels seem to essentially not be changing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm anxious not knowing what is actually going on right now, and I only have one more calibration fluid vial left to retest. Is this at all normal? Any advice before I have to bother the support people? Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 58 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back