Big bad 40 breeder back in the business build.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't get anyone that sold the jebao dc pumps to answer about the dc 3000 so I went with what I know. Ordered a rio 2500 plus for my return pumps. Filled my sump with saltwater, found my heater in one of my 5 gallon buckets. Have the skimmer breaking in now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything came in today!! Return pump, overflow, powerhead! Didn't get any unboxing pics. Kid at christmas syndrome lol.
Need tank drilled. Critter charges 20$ a hole. I need 4 drilled. Anyone have a holesaw for a 1" bulkhead? And can maybe drill some holes for me?

Last edited:

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything came in today!! Return pump, overflow, powerhead! Didn't get any unboxing pics. Kid at christmas syndrome lol.
Need tank drilled. Critter charges 20$ a hole. I need 4 drilled. Anyone have a holesaw for a 1" bulkhead? And can maybe drill some holes for me?

only $15 bux on the BRS, and shipping probably pretty cheap for just one thing. lots cheaper than $80 if you're comfortable drilling it yourself.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/1698/

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be happy to help you drill the holes, Phil, if you want to grab a hole saw. I don't have one for 1" bulkheads. I live about 10 minutes south of the Critter.

Brandon

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, got tank drilled TYTY Bill and Dishan :D Got back painted black, got bulkheads for returns installed, overflow is installed. And one side of my rockwork is done!
CAM00009.jpg
CAM00010.jpg
CAM00011.jpg
CAM00013.jpg
CAM00030.jpg

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAM00031.jpg
CAM00032.jpg
CAM00033.jpg

Bill is coming over Tuesday and were gonna plumb it and get the tank lvl on the stand. Then I will be WET WOHOOOOOOOOOOO

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, Phil! Looks like a productive weekend.

Brandon

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im crazy but I am going to get either a mazspect razor or a ecotech radion. The cloud modes on them are just amazing. And the fact you can set a total sunrise and sunset ramp and the spectrum adjustment.

Any comments on either?

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when they were demonstrating the radions at macna, the cloud and lightning mode scared the crap out of the fish. everytime something would change, the would dart into the rocks. someone in the club had the razor and got rid of it after 4 months, not sure why he didn't like it, but he didn't. no personal experience myself, other that when watching the demo at macna.

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with either one ( they are out of my league) but I have heard the same thing, lightning scares the fish. Although, I'm sure they would adapt eventually, just like they do in nature. If you're looking at that level of light, be sure to look at the AI Hydra and the Kessils. From what I've seen, the Kessils have the best shimmer on the market. I'm very into my Lumentek 120, but setting up the 10 minute ramp up and down takes forever to configure.

Mac

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when they were demonstrating the radions at macna, the cloud and lightning mode scared the crap out of the fish. everytime something would change, the would dart into the rocks. someone in the club had the razor and got rid of it after 4 months, not sure why he didn't like it, but he didn't. no personal experience myself, other that when watching the demo at macna.
Good bit of info. I didn't plan on using the storm mode but the cloud simulation I did. I know I really like the soft ramp up and down and the ability to set miday peak and such.

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ramp up and down is nice for sure, but I sure you can get that in the reef radiance lights now. for a little less money. people say they like them. again no experience with either. my light is DIY LEDs and T5s controlled with my apex.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 128 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back