40 Breeder Lighting

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 40 Breeder with some soft Coral but would like the option to keep anything I'm using a SB Reef light 32 inch how long do Led lights hold up? I'm currently tossing around upgrading to some Nicrew of I do would you go with the 2x 100 watt or 2x150watt plus open to other options as well but definitely want it controlled

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SB is similar to the old style reefbreeders and sb is out of business (miss them) but reefbreeders is a great company / led fixture. Natural progression of upgrade from your light is the photon 32 v2

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 AI Prime 16HD’s and as of about a month ago corals are really taking off. Tanks been set up since September. I run AB+ settings from BRS. I followed their height and spacing too for mounting.
IMG_0903.png
IMG_0903.png

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add when I got this SB light it was a little over $700 not really wanting on pay that much again that's why I was looking at lights like the Nicrew Also like I said my SB light is still running just now sure if the LEDs get dinmer over time or how long they run before they do

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add when I got this SB light it was a little over $700 not really wanting on pay that much again that's why I was looking at lights like the Nicrew Also like I said my SB light is still running just now sure if the LEDs get dinmer over time or how long they run before they do

I believe the lifespan is 7 years before the out put is reduced and you may need to increase the % to compensate

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back