Nicrew Gen 2 200w for 20 gallon?

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,161
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. We sold our 125 gallon tank and are keeping our 20 gallon only. I had 2 newer Nicrew 200 watt leds on the 125. I'm keeping them, and wondering if 1, turned down some, would be too much for a 20 gallon?

Don't wanna overdo it, but the 95 watt Current USA led we have now is on its last days.

We currently have mostly soft corals and 1 bta. Thanks!
 
Use a watt meter and set it to use roughly 20w total. Put 14-15w into the blues and violet. Put the other 5 watts into whites

Ryan at Serious Reefs tested a bunch of lights in that way and found it to work out for almost all of them. Nicrew was one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new