OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be easier to see with a little less blues but what I can see looks really nice!
Thank you. It's only now starting to explode. I need help though. I walked into my fish room and my hammer has been partially closed for about a month now. I thought it was branching but now it is being discolored and I'm very worried. No pests that I know of any thoughts?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a few things with your parameters that could use adjusting. You need to get your nitrate up to 10-15., specific gravity up to 1.026. My torches , hammers and frogspawn thrive with magnesium around 1400, yours is very low. You want medium flow and light.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a few things with your parameters that could use adjusting. You need to get your nitrate up to 10-15., specific gravity up to 1.026. My torches , hammers and frogspawn thrive with magnesium around 1400, yours is very low. You want medium flow and light.
Alright. I need a real water test. I think I'll get my grandparents to take me to the fish store as my parents don't even support my hobby (at least anymore) these aren't my real parameters this is just where I've been told its recommended to keep them at and plus I wanted to finish the form. Im going to try my best to get a water test for two threads that need it!

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I need a real water test. I think I'll get my grandparents to take me to the fish store as my parents don't even support my hobby (at least anymore) these aren't my real parameters this is just where I've been told its recommended to keep them at and plus I wanted to finish the form. Im going to try my best to get a water test for two threads that need it!
Whoever told you to keep your tank at a salinity of 1.020 has zero clue and you should probably not listen to anything else they tell you.

I’m sorry you don’t have a ton of support from your parents with this hobby, but they probably understand that reef keeping can be a pretty massive undertaking and costly so maybe being cautious. I wish you the best of luck. It may be wise to make your next purchase or gift request to be an RODI system so you can make your own water. I heard you mention not having a ride to get water from the LFS to do water changes and that makes me wonder how you are managing top-off for evaporation as well.

This hobby is so much fun and I think it is awesome that you are getting into it at a young age. You sound like a real smart guy and if you stick with it, I’m sure you will have a stunning tank someday. You have an uphill battle though with probably little to no income and dependent on parents/relatives for rides to the LFS. Be patient and you will be 16 before you know it. I wish I had such productive and healthy hobbies when I was your age!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever told you to keep your tank at a salinity of 1.020 has zero clue and you should probably not listen to anything else they tell you.

I’m sorry you don’t have a ton of support from your parents with this hobby, but they probably understand that reef keeping can be a pretty massive undertaking and costly so maybe being cautious. I wish you the best of luck. It may be wise to make your next purchase or gift request to be an RODI system so you can make your own water. I heard you mention not having a ride to get water from the LFS to do water changes and that makes me wonder how you are managing top-off for evaporation as well.

This hobby is so much fun and I think it is awesome that you are getting into it at a young age. You sound like a real smart guy and if you stick with it, I’m sure you will have a stunning tank someday. You have an uphill battle though with probably little to no income and dependent on parents/relatives for rides to the LFS. Be patient and you will be 16 before you know it. I wish I had such productive and healthy hobbies when I was your age!
You would of been better giving him the correct parameters so he has something to work off

Salinity 1.023 upto 1.026
My own choice is 1.025
Any thing you need a hand with just reach out you are the next generation of reef keepers so when I am in a old folks home you will be at the top of your game in reefing all you need is a bit of dedication to the hobby. Enjoy your journey

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a RODI system I make it on the weekends. Ive fixed my salinity as well its up to 1.024 water change was just done so nitrates will begin being lowered.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back