BIG heater problem

msobus811

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
Location
north america
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just cleaning my tank and I forgot to unplug my heater so when the water level went below the heater it started to steam the heater looks fine now but it melted the suction cups. Also the cotton on the bottom of the heater doesn’t look Bunt what should I do buy a new one or do you guys think it’s ok to keep using it
 
I was just cleaning my tank and I forgot to unplug my heater so when the water level went below the heater it started to steam the heater looks fine now but it melted the suction cups. Also the cotton on the bottom of the heater doesn’t look Bunt what should I do buy a new one or do you guys think it’s ok to keep using it
Buy 2 so next time you have a spare.
They are cheap money to keep tank alive.
 
Can you not place the heater somewhere that won’t happen?

If in a sump horizontal or if an aio in a chamber that doesn’t drop water lvl.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new