Big Kahuna Fish Store...back in business

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife works for Diventures as a swim instructor. Their main office in Fitchburg has a salt tank in the lobby and the boss told her that Big Kahuna takes care of it. I just talked with Tyler, the owner of BK. He moved out of Verona to 1010 Stewart St in Madison, vicinity, east of Fish Hatch and south of the Beltline. Web site not up and running yet but he is maintaining a Facebook page. Store is currently open by appointment only, call 608-848-1288. They apparently did some major tank upgrades, quarantine system, etc.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called and set up an appointment yesterday. Talked a bit to Tyler his business definitely focuses on servicing tanks and the retail portion is not fully set up yet. With covid it sounded like Tyler plans on sticking to the appointment thing for the time being. The store doesn't have a lot of fish yet(just a handful he said he bough before the move?), but the coral tanks are beautiful. Picked myself up a beautiful yellow tang(last one!). Was so tempted to buy a coral, but was able to restrain.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back