Big-um Bully

stewart1019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, actually a little bully. I've got a 20 gal. Just now 3 fish. The latest addition is a dianna hogfish--pretty neat fish. One of the others is a small six-line wrasse. I've had these wrasses in the past with no problem, but this one is bullying the hogfish, big time. The hogfish has found a hiding spot for now, but I'm worried the bullying won't stop. I'm also concerned that if I try to add other small fish, he will be the same way. What's your thoughts? Should I catch the wrasse and find him a new home?

slkotara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep my 6 line is the biggest bully also i was so worried when I got my rhomboid wrasse pair but they stuck up for them self and he back off.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the sixline would be fine if you have lots of rockwork and in a slightly larger tank, but in your scenario i think you'll be best removing him.

swampy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a bit of a small tank for 2 aggressive fish. I heard lots of stories about aggressive 6 lines but I'd think about moving the hog as he may out grow your tank, they can get up to about 10". Good luck

boogna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my latest six line must be a real p*ssy. it doesn't bother any other fish. It is the largest fish in the tank, so maybe that has something to do with it. It does like to eat the face off of shrimp. I got two pep shrimp that ended being a weekend snack.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back