Big Updates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't posted a thread in a little while, and thought it would be a good time to bring you guys up to speed. First, if you have not heard, our factory is closed until the 15th of February for Chinese New Year, and most shipments will go out between the 21st of January, and the 1st of March. We will be placing our largest order yet due to not placing any orders for a couple weeks, and we expect to have most units in stock by the first week of March. We would have had stock if the factory was not closed, for those who would like to know. Also, we are upgrading our PAR38 and Fuge-Lite lines, to higher quality bulbs, with a new layout using nuetral whites (which we will also now be using on all of our fixtures). The Fuge-Lites will be getting the same upgrade, but the color combination will remain the same, 10 660nm and 2 450nm. We will also be offering high quality goose nech holders for ~$20. The SuperNova we originally anounced, and re named the Photon, has been scrapped. Instead, we are developing a new fixture entirely, which will be named the SuperNova, and will include wireless control, about 8 control channels, and a mixture of Cree, Luxeon, Semi, and Osram diodes. We will now be moving the Photon name to our controllable series fixtures. The 16" controlable fixture will be called the "Photon16" The 24" version will be the Photon24, and the 32" version will now be called the Photon32. The value fixtures will stay with the same name, until we find something more suitable. If there is any new information, we will be sure to post an update. As always, we appreciate our customers, and hope we can serve you to the best of our ability.

reefer10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it just the neutral whites that are changing on all fixtures or all fixtures are getting higher quality bulbs? So does that mean no more warm whites on the controllable fixtures?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it just the neutral whites that are changing on all fixtures or all fixtures are getting higher quality bulbs? So does that mean no more warm whites on the controllable fixtures?
That means no more warm whites, we will go all neutrals instead. No, it does not mean that the power output will increase, it simply means that the fixtures will have white diodes with much higher CRI, about 70-80% (color rendering index, the sun is the baseline of this at 100% CRI). That means that you will see some more coloration in your corals, we have been experimenting with a 1:1 WW to CW ratio, which is about equal to all NW, and have had great results.

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SuperNova sounds great, i'm really looking forward to getting more info about it and trying one. Is there any timeframe on when you'll have more specs or product launch info? Do you think they'll be available within the next few months or might it take more time?

jumplittlechloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Photon32 that will be in your next order due to arrive in March. Will this fixture include the new neutral white update?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SuperNova sounds great, i'm really looking forward to getting more info about it and trying one. Is there any timeframe on when you'll have more specs or product launch info? Do you think they'll be available within the next few months or might it take more time?

They should be available in the next few months. More info is coming soon, most details are secret until a few prototypes are in our hands.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Photon32 that will be in your next order due to arrive in March. Will this fixture include the new neutral white update?

Yes, only the first few orders will recieve our old layout, that number has long been surpassed, and we are working on our largest order yet. We will likely have stock of these units.

Ostentum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you recommend on a 260 sps dominated tank currently lit with 3 400w MHs. Tank Dims are 84x30x24

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you recommend on a 260 sps dominated tank currently lit with 3 400w MHs. Tank Dims are 84x30x24
I would reccomend 4 photon32s with 90 degree optics, you would have about the same power as 4 400watt mh bulbs with the fixtures on at 100% power.

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the default layout for the Photon 32"?

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please ship soon! Ordered 1 value led on feb 8th, and really need to get it over one of my frag tanks! I know you had factory issues with chinese new year but there should be some better inventory management and forecasting going on! 1 month is simply too long for customers to wait, I could have ordered a fixture from china and received it by now.

I really like your fixtures and the price is great... I plan to buy more in fact. But please consider beefing up your inventory

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back