Bigger tank questions

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a 125. mature rock with skimmer and a Refugium. Taking fish from my 35 and transferring over. I'm doing bi weekly water changes on the 35. I have a total of 5 fish. I usually gain about .75-1ppm nitrates per day. My thing is once all this is transferred over and extra fish will be added in the beginning with fuge and skimmer on will this bottom my tank out being that it's a way bigger volume of water for these small fishes.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a 125. mature rock with skimmer and a Refugium. Taking fish from my 35 and transferring over. I'm doing bi weekly water changes on the 35. I have a total of 5 fish. I usually gain about .75-1ppm nitrates per day. My thing is once all this is transferred over and extra fish will be added in the beginning with fuge and skimmer on will this bottom my tank out being that it's a way bigger volume of water for these small fishes.
Personally I would start the fuge light on for only a few hours a day and see where you are sitting as the tank settles. The ppm will lower as it is distributed over a greater volume, but shouldn't bottom out unless you are removing more than you are making.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This skimmer is rated for 125 heavy bio. These fish might get lucky and I'll have to over feed i think it's only a mandarin,pair of clowns, ywg pistol shrimp, flame hawkfish.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back