biggest home grown chalice you've got?!?

awesome pics, mine haven't grown much in the last few months, any tips on growing them out ?
 
I found an old pic of my blue magic chalice. It's one of my largest homegrown chalices measuring about 4 or 5 inches now. :)

bmprog1.jpg


bmprog2.jpg


bmprog3.jpg


bmprog4.jpg
 
Last edited:
Its good to see people letting them grow out a little. I will try to dig up some pictures of some of mine...
 
Marvin,
I found a picture of my Flying Saucer frag when I received it in 2005:
R2R-DSC_0078.jpg


Here it is 2009 taken with the on-camera flash. Compare the size with the full grown sea urchin in the upper left corner:
1DSC_0876.jpg


Here is a closer shot under 250 watt MH 14K Phoenix bulbs with T-5 Superblues:
RC-DSC_0297b.jpg
 
Very nice Bob. Where did you get it from. Mine is easily about 5-6" in diameter now. Its shade, but its to the left of the copperband in this picture.

totmoptions0001-2.jpg
 
Mark,
I really like the layout of your tank!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ron Johncola[/FONT] from Reef Tec Designs had the mother colony and I managed to get a small frag in 2005. His whole colony crashed soon after and the mother colony was lost.
 
Mark,
I really like the layout of your tank!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ron Johncola[/FONT] from Reef Tec Designs had the mother colony and I managed to get a small frag in 2005. His whole colony crashed soon after and the mother colony was lost.

Thats right, Thanks for the reminder. That the center structure in my tank. I loaded a poor you tube video in my thread this morning ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new