Bimaculatus Anthias care advice

Michael White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order for 6 Bimaculatus Anthias from TSM yesterday and would like advice from people who have successfully kept them. First time with anthias, but I’ve been reading a lot about them for the past few months.What have you all been feeding yours? Adding them to my 210 gal display. I have a few tangs in the tank, a foxface, an orchid dottyback, and a maroon clown. All of my current fish are pretty young. Do you have any introduction or acclimation advice specific to Bimacs? Thanks in advance.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assume they are quarantined? Pseudoanthias carry uronema .... which you do not want. Bimacs are among the easier feeders. Mine only took mysis/brine/LRS initially, but eventually took pellets.

OP
OP
Michael White

Michael White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, quarantined. Thanks for the advice. Planning on frozen mysis, and flake/pellet. I feed my other fish nori, frozen mysis, some pellets, and an algae wafer or two daily already. Sounds like the consensus from other threads for anthias in general is maybe just add in the LRS?

OP
OP
Michael White

Michael White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bimacs are active and are carnivores, mine get a high protein meaty diet (RS krill, mysis, brine), supplemented with micro pellets. They won't touch flake maybe they don't recognise it as food.
Thanks Haydn. I looked up your tank, and wow! Reef goals!

Back