Bio Cube rock advice

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been building this Bio Cube for a while that I customized with overflows, sump and new stand. I finally was able to get some tropic marin reef salt ordered. This has been on backorder for some time now. This system will be totally separate from my other two systems. Going to try all Tropic Marin products including their all for reef for the corals which I am months away from that. I am ready to start this tank up and looking for the rock advice. I am leaning towards 50 LBS of coralline rock from Gulf Live Rock. Should I get their premium decorative live rock instead or go for 50LBS of live rock fro my LFS??? Either way I will be adding some new rock to this new display to get the aquascape the way I want it. I never started a tank from live rock before and this is my struggle. Will I get tons of pests that will cause me issues later? Just need some advice n what route to go with.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lfs rock is most likely dry rock that has been stewing in a tank with other rock that was probably also dry a month ago. Maybe there's a little bit of live rock at the bottom of their tank. So it's all technically live now but probably not all that great. (I believe that to usually be true but of coarse I know nothing about your specific lfs)

If you can afford the gulf stuff then go with that 100%. If your worried about hitchhikers then qt it all and trap the bad stuff (or even do a freshwater dip or high salinity dip to get the pests out)

Back