Bio pellets vs UV

mysticmikie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
58
Reaction score
44
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to find out people's opinions about UV vs bio pellets based on experience.
 
Hmm I thought UV was used for keeping the water clean and free of pathogens and biopellets were used for nutrient export
 
It is not advised to use both because UV kills the bacteria that the biological process the bio pellets need to function.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new