OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bill Murray looks awesome bud! In a few years when all these frags become amazing colonies.....you might need some more space.......just saying. ;)
Thank you! Couldn't agree more, I wonder if my wife would let me convert the swimming pool ;Bookworm;Writing

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these beautiful CB Rainbow Infusion zoas the other day. Eventually they will go into the 15gal peninsula
20210226_154841.jpg

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things going?
Going well, kids and work have been keeping me busy. Kids are on spring break this week so we took a couple of 2 days trips. Tank has been doing great as well. Its basically on cruise control right now, can't wait to get home and finish setting up the 15 gal, stand is about 3/4's of the way done.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going well, kids and work have been keeping me busy. Kids are on spring break this week so we took a couple of 2 days trips. Tank has been doing great as well. Its basically on cruise control right now, can't wait to get home and finish setting up the 15 gal, stand is about 3/4's of the way done.
Great to hear! Little trips are some of the most memorable vacations. Auto cruise on any tank is a feeling only a few lucky reefers get to enjoy. Well done man!

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love new reef toys! Congrats! I have the Milwaukee salinity digital tester and love it! I’m sure the Hanna salinity checker is just as amazing!
I have been going back and forth between Milwaukee and Hanna for Salinity. Still haven't narrowed it down but after getting the Alk I am hooked on digital testing lol

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been going back and forth between Milwaukee and Hanna for Salinity. Still haven't narrowed it down but after getting the Alk I am hooked on digital testing lol
I can’t speak for the Hanna salinity tester, but I absolutely love my Milwaukee. What I do like about the Milwaukee is it calibrates with rodi. No calibration fluid I ever have to by. Also that means I don’t have to worry about bad calibration fluid. And having had to deal with that, I’m glad to not anymore.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a little while since I updated. Not much has changed in the biocube. Haven't really had time to sit and enjoy it, kids are back in sports and been working 6 days a week. I'm still dosing by hand and it gets its weekly water changes. Corals are growing and seem happy, with the free time I have I've been working on finishing the stand for the 15 gal Peninsula and think it turned out even better than this stand did! I started slowly moving zoas, softies and LPS over to make more room for the SPS. Excited about all the room this will open up. Haven't taken any pictures of this tank lately so that will have to wait until the next update.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some time to take pictures after moving a bunch of the coral over to the 15gal, lots of space now. Still need to move more over but want to give it a little time in between.
20210417_114736.jpg

20210417_114743.jpg

20210417_114752.jpg

20210417_114816.jpg

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So SaltwaterAquarium.com is having there 10th Anniversary sale/giveaway. I got the Hanna Nitrate checker with my order. I used it yesterday for the first time. I did the dilution right off the bat since my nitrates are always over 5ppm and I like it that way. I have to say there are a lot of steps involved and it definitely is a time consuming process but in the end if I did it correctly (which I believe I did), it came out with 16.9ppm. Would like to get it closer to in between 5-10, I am really liking the digital readouts of the Hanna and will continue to use it even though it is a lengthy process.
FB_IMG_1619468667507.jpg

Now for a dirty little secret, I have been running this tank on tap water for almost 2 years! I decided it was time to stop playing Russian roulette and get the Maxpure RODI that I was eyeing for a while. I know I have been extremely lucky and I would definitely not recommend trying it to anyone new to the hobby. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time. Super happy with how this tank is going, SPS are growing and coloring up. Started using Fritz blue box since it mixes up quickly. Went away for 5 days and my Alk dropped to 6.1 since I dose by hand, but no side effects so far. Been slowly bringing it back up before I do a water change on Friday. Order a few more coral from Chaos Aquaculture that should be here tomorrow so I'm excited to see how they are. Thats it for now just trying to keep things stable so I can get those sticks to grow.
20210531_111357.jpg

20210529_204518.jpg

20210529_195216.jpg

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested Alk again today back up to 7.5, so glad I bought the Hanna checker! Also started a round of reef flux in here and the 15 gal to knock the remaining algae down.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back