Biocube 29 Lighting Help

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I'm new here and have just setup my first saltwater tank. I was gifted a Biocube 29 and I have no manuals or anything with it. I only have live sand and live rock so far (getting my clownfish pair tomorrow :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:) but I want to figure out the lighting functions first. There are 4 buttons on the top that operate blue and white lights but I don't know what is what or if they can be put on timers or not. Does someone know how the stock lights work for this model? TIA!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I'm new here and have just setup my first saltwater tank. I was gifted a Biocube 29 and I have no manuals or anything with it. I only have live sand and live rock so far (getting my clownfish pair tomorrow :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:) but I want to figure out the lighting functions first. There are 4 buttons on the top that operate blue and white lights but I don't know what is what or if they can be put on timers or not. Does someone know how the stock lights work for this model? TIA!

Get your equipment in order first. Fish are the last thing to add.

OP
OP
C

CarolineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. I can't find manuals or anything for it online. I attached a picture I found, but I'm sure that won't help. It appears to all be whatever comes stock with the Biocube 29. At this point I'm researching if the Biocube 32 LED hood would fit on my 29, as it looks like it's programmable and I can find info on what the buttons/switches do.

Attachments

• Biocube 29 Stock Hood.jpg
    Biocube 29 Stock Hood.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 28

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. I can't find manuals or anything for it online. I attached a picture I found, but I'm sure that won't help. It appears to all be whatever comes stock with the Biocube 29. At this point I'm researching if the Biocube 32 LED hood would fit on my 29, as it looks like it's programmable and I can find info on what the buttons/switches do.

Yes, that is the stock hood with built in lights.

The problem with the included lights is that they rarely can produce the kind of growth that the aquarium shows on the box.

When I searched your light, I find many hits on upgrading the light on the Biocube 29.

You may want to eliminate that light and hood and get an upgrade. If not, I would stick to corals that do well in lower light intensity.

Think about Hammers corals and Zoa corals. Both do well in low light/flow environments.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back