Biocube 32 with Aquamaxx HOB 1.5

reeftn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, long time lurker and rarely post but I have seen questions around good skimmers for the Biocube 32. I've been through several of the internal Biocube chamber filters (including the one built for the biocube) and all seem to let me down.

I don't have results to post yet but will definitely keep the thread updated but I did want to share my recent purchase and confirmation this will work in the Biocube 32.

It did require a bit of "modification" on the tank end. Obviously the top needs to come off but I also had to cut off the hinges where the top latches on (no going back!) which is fine because I prefer to use my HD26 (also chopped off the middle hinge to center the light) over the stock biocube lid light.

Anyway, here's a picture. If you have questions, let me know!

IMG_0639.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey all, long time lurker and rarely post but I have seen questions around good skimmers for the Biocube 32. I've been through several of the internal Biocube chamber filters (including the one built for the biocube) and all seem to let me down.

I don't have results to post yet but will definitely keep the thread updated but I did want to share my recent purchase and confirmation this will work in the Biocube 32.

It did require a bit of "modification" on the tank end. Obviously the top needs to come off but I also had to cut off the hinges where the top latches on (no going back!) which is fine because I prefer to use my HD26 (also chopped off the middle hinge to center the light) over the stock biocube lid light.

Anyway, here's a picture. If you have questions, let me know!

IMG_0639.jpeg
You’ll be happy with the icecap K1-50 or 100. Works like a full size skimmer

OP
OP
reeftn

reeftn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Small adjustment to the outlet so it drops skimmed water directly in the middle chamber but this thing is working great. Highly recommend for bio cube owners!

Attachments

• C445AA60-C743-4524-AEF1-D002CA77F3A9.jpeg
    C445AA60-C743-4524-AEF1-D002CA77F3A9.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 134

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with micro bubbles. How long was the break in period. What do you have I. Your second chamber now.?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back