Help with nero in biocube 32

Noah_R8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just gotten into saltwater and have a biocube 32, planning to get better lights asap lol. But I have a Nero 3 pump and I’m not too sure where I should be placing it, pls help!!
IMG_3815.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its always just trial and error for me when it comes to setting up flow in my tanks. You'll want enough for the sps in there for sure just not directly on them. I like to run multiple powerheads turned down lower. Nothing wrong with a single on a small tank I just like the random flow I can get with more than one.

BuddhaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a bad spot, actually! I'd put it about the middle, or slightly above, on the side of glass opposite the return nozzle. In its cradle, aim it up and towards the front of the glass. I'd recommend a nice powerful pulse setting, or a high variance random setting, to keep the flow randomized.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think about adding another, its always hard to get good flow completely around the tank with just one powerhead. I would also try and agitate the water surface, you can see debris collecting on the water surface (this decreases gas exchange and light effectiveness)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back