OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official 3 month update, everything has been going extremely well for the most part. I did loose one feather dusters for unknown reasons. Starting to see a few specs of coraline to grow on the back wall. Have been having a slight issue with keep nitrates at all so the refuge light is only on for four hours now along with heavier feedings.

Coral list:
Blue mango across
Rose across
Pink picky
Green branching monty
Green orange blast
Orange mushroom
Volcanic mushroom
Jack o lantern lepto
Green rhodactis
Pink/yellow zoa
Pulsing xenia
Gold tipped hammer
Rose gold hammer
Green star polyps
Rainbow gina
Green indigo torch
purple blue tipped torch
Hellfire/dragon soul torch
Green/purple frogspawn

Livestock list:
Pair of lightning maroon clowns
Pair of blue damsels
Diamond sandsifting goby
Six lined wrasse
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
1 feather dusters
12 astrea snails
12 blue legged hermits
Brittle starfish

Going to be grabbing a few more zoas and an enchanted birds nest in the future.
20230529_111236.jpg

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way over due for an update, but here's the six month update. Unfortunately I've was hit with a mini crash and lost most of my coral but was able to save some, one hammer, hellfire torch, zoas, xenia, and gsp. Really discouraged as i had amazing growth on almost everything, but thats saltwater for you. I had a red reef starfish for the last few months but disappeared. I think he died underneath the rockwork and almost nuked the tank. I did a 90% water change, washed out all filter media and water parameters have restablized. I did upgrade to the steves led upgrade kit as the stock lights had multiple leds burn out, coralife is sending out a replacement but still waiting for the to keep as a backup.

Attachments

• 1696898088140473422760218699215.jpg
    1696898088140473422760218699215.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 15

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 32g biocube, too! I started mine in August, so it's pretty new. I popped the lid off to make room for an autofeeder and switched to a noopsych mini light and I'm planning to get the intank media basket upgrade.

Sad to hear about your tank crash!

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 32g biocube, too! I started mine in August, so it's pretty new. I popped the lid off to make room for an autofeeder and switched to a noopsych mini light and I'm planning to get the intank media basket upgrade.

Sad to hear about your tank crash!
Awesome, biocubes are fun and fairly easy to maintain, I have the intank basket in mine as well

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! My first tank was a 12g biocube and when a 32g came up on FB Marketplace for a good deal, it was an easy choice.

I would have left the lid on and just upgraded the LEDs as needed, but I won a swanky Avast autofeeder in a contest and had to take the lid off. It's probably overkill for just 32g, but it's really nice. That does also make it easier for me to add a protein skimmer later on, if I want to, but now I need to get egg crate or a screen top for mine.

They're great AIO's and I think they often get overlooked for the newer, fancier rimless tanks, but then...we start hearing about tank leaks on those. :smirking-face:

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to our local frag swap this weekend and got so.e very nice pieces. Finally got my ICP test back and apparently the reason for my crash was iodine bottomed out and magnesium was pretty low. Starting dosing and everything has rebounded fairly good.
20231028_200925.jpg
20231028_200556.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back