BioCube 8 recommended mods?

TuckerMCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just bought a Biocube 8 off my buddy, and I'm looking to set it up as a mini reef tank. I'd like to be more on the coral side (maybe a nice zoo garden?), but I'm still considering a nano fish or two. Anyways, what modifications would you recommend I make for this kind of set up? I've seen a few posts recommending changing the pump out, So I'll probably do that. The lid was already removed, so I'll need some light recommendations as well. One last thing, I've seen some people remove the floor from one of the filter chambers, how should I go about doing that?

Thanks Y'all!

Tucker

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would upgrade the light, my Biocube 32 stock lights just made the sand bed a detritus and cyano factory. Other that that they are solid tanks that will last a while

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would upgrade the light, my Biocube 32 stock lights just made the sand bed a detritus and cyano factory. Other that that they are solid tanks that will last a while
Did you happen to do the Steve's LED fixture? Curious, I just bought them. tank is 3 weeks old and hitting the yuck stage. Excited to get these, as I have some little acro frags I want to eventually put in it :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back