Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling the pressure from family’s impeding visit, I decided to start trying to organize and tackle my front room where the evo is and a lot of my random aquarium supplies come get tossed. I also decided to try to organize the mess that my cords have become. I’ll admit I am not good at it.
6FE40B06-02C5-45F8-B633-7838267313F6.jpeg

I just threw them all in a organizer. Still looked bad so I threw a fake plant on top. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
it’s gonna have to do. Lol

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good! you ever catch anything in that mirco net?
Food Cake GIF
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I was just thinking what in the world do I have this for as I was moving supplies I don’t use often down to the basement. I kept it upstairs on the off chance that I would need to use in the evo to try to catch my emerald or other small invert.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling the pressure from family’s impeding visit, I decided to start trying to organize and tackle my front room where the evo is and a lot of my random aquarium supplies come get tossed. I also decided to try to organize the mess that my cords have become. I’ll admit I am not good at it.
6FE40B06-02C5-45F8-B633-7838267313F6.jpeg

I just threw them all in a organizer. Still looked bad so I threw a fake plant on top. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
it’s gonna have to do. Lol
I have had success using velcro cable ties. I bought a roll from Amazon and cut them to any length i needed
IMG_2917.JPG

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on giant spider
It’s coming along. The video I’m attaching shows it in all its glory. The then photo with kid shows it’s size. Still left to do is finish painting the body, add the eyes and fangs, work on fine tuning hiding the connection of the legs to the body, figure out the stand situation, spray the legs. Then on to building the rest of the scene :zany-face::zany-face::zany-face::zany-face:
This Is Fine GIF

449D4478-CA73-4E05-B6B2-317F44CED4C9.jpeg

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
that is awesome! you should be proud of yourself! a generation of arachnophobes will be cowering in their closets!

get some blood dripping mandibles and big sketchy eyes and omg.

great use of pipe insulation!

my favorite cosplay YouTuber: https://www.kamuicosplay.com/

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is awesome! you should be proud of yourself! a generation of arachnophobes will be cowering in their closets!

get some blood dripping mandibles and big sketchy eyes and omg.

great use of pipe insulation!

my favorite cosplay YouTuber: https://www.kamuicosplay.com/
Thanks Sam! We have definitely learned a lot in the process. It’s only the beginning for us when it comes to creations!
In the interest of the neighborhood kids, we are going to keep the blood out of it this year hahahaha (I’ve already had to tell my mom that as well). I like towing the the line between not kid friendly but also not horror film.

Last edited:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank Sam! We have definitely learned a lot in the process. It’s only the beginning for us when it comes to creations!
In the interest of the neighborhood kids, we are going to keep the blood out of it this year hahahaha (I’ve already had to tell me mom that as well). I like towing the the line between not kid friendly but also not horror film.
haha I'm the same as that other dipstick I blame for my kids bad dreams around this time of year... lol *long as its not in my neighborhood* lol j/k
I have to pass this one house like every other day with my kids in the car and they've got this scary clown that gives me the willies... I make my kids duck.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought it would be interesting to share for others. I purchased my first two RFAS on September 24th. I posted above it. One of the RFAs that quickly attached its foot when I got in in the tank, started having issues a couple days later. It is the one with the stripes. Here is the picture during acclimation.
IMG_3422.jpg
I first noticed that it stopped attaching its foot.
IMG_3492.jpg

Then one night after feeding and cutting back on the flow, I found it face down in the sand. It was only there for a brief moment. I picked it up and put it back in its dish. it was then that I noticed it has some the tissue on the foot sloughing off.
IMG_3494.jpg

At this point I knew something had happened during the removal process when I bought it. :crying-face::crying-face: Per guidance from others, I decided to let it be and not stress it out further. Over the next several days, it started getting uglier.
IMG_3593.jpg

At this point I was really concerned, wondering if it was going to heal, or if it was on its way out. The tissue on the foot was gross, discolored, and just looked super irritated. I reached out to another member who gave me assurance that RFA's often do heal on their own and to give it a little more time. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think it was the next morning from it looking it's absolutely worse, that I walked in and the gross tissue was gone and the RFA had started reattaching its foot! AMAZING!
IMG_3599.jpg

Here she is as of last night. Really digging that foot down in there.
IMG_3631.jpg

I'm super stoked with the outcome and the "wait and see approach" worked in this scenario. Such a neat process to watch it heal itself. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Happy reefing everyone!

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought it would be interesting to share for others. I purchased my first two RFAS on September 24th. I posted above it. One of the RFAs that quickly attached its foot when I got in in the tank, started having issues a couple days later. It is the one with the stripes. Here is the picture during acclimation.
IMG_3422.jpg
I first noticed that it stopped attaching its foot.
IMG_3492.jpg

Then one night after feeding and cutting back on the flow, I found it face down in the sand. It was only there for a brief moment. I picked it up and put it back in its dish. it was then that I noticed it has some the tissue on the foot sloughing off.
IMG_3494.jpg

At this point I knew something had happened during the removal process when I bought it. :crying-face::crying-face: Per guidance from others, I decided to let it be and not stress it out further. Over the next several days, it started getting uglier.
IMG_3593.jpg

At this point I was really concerned, wondering if it was going to heal, or if it was on its way out. The tissue on the foot was gross, discolored, and just looked super irritated. I reached out to another member who gave me assurance that RFA's often do heal on their own and to give it a little more time. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think it was the next morning from it looking it's absolutely worse, that I walked in and the gross tissue was gone and the RFA had started reattaching its foot! AMAZING!
IMG_3599.jpg

Here she is as of last night. Really digging that foot down in there.
IMG_3631.jpg

I'm super stoked with the outcome and the "wait and see approach" worked in this scenario. Such a neat process to watch it heal itself. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Happy reefing everyone!
This is awesome! I love the success stories/happy endings - too often we don't see them. I'm sure it was a roller coaster of emotions, but I'm glad the little 'nem is doing better.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back