Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Benifits upon Benifits. The sand keeps on giving.
Yes! I was so dumb for wanting to go bare bottom. lol

But one things for certain, I will not go DSB. That is TOO far.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I can buy gobies now that I have sand!!! Yaaay!! Thanks Rmorris. Btw, what’s your name? I think I deserve to call you on a first name basis now that we are friends lol.
Yes you can!

Video stollen from @Sean Clark post but it is still my favorite to date lol
Hope it also brings a smile to your face.
You're welcome, ;)
Becky

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Miami Reef
zooey deschanel waiting GIF

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost a month since I spoke to my Not-so-local fish and coral supplier about getting me some ruby red xenia and pom pom crabs. Still no word :(. I'm feeling a little bummed about the slow pace of being able to source things locally... Due to gas, I had hoped to make one trip and get everything including some ricordea, and RFA's. But at this rate a whole lot of nothing is happening. ::insert pouty face emoji here::: While I wait , I have been planning my assault on the GSP that is over taking my Biocube. I hope eventually to try a few things and will post some info on it if it works.

Not Reef related .......This is what I will be doing this evening

Taking my oldest and hopefully the husband can get off work in time to join. My son has literally been counting down the days for its release. We will be equipped with Jurassic Park T-shirts :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: and possibly a raptor mask..... for my son, not me. HA!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost a month since I spoke to my Not-so-local fish and coral supplier about getting me some ruby red xenia and pom pom crabs. Still no word :(. I'm feeling a little bummed about the slow pace of being able to source things locally. ::insert pouty face emoji here::: While I wait , I have been planning my assault on the GSP that is over taking my Biocube. I hope eventually to try a few things and will post some info on it if it works.

Taking my oldest and hopefully the husband can get off work in time to join. My son has literally been counting down the days for its release. We will be equipped with Jurassic Park T-shirts :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: and possibly a raptor mask..... for my son, not me. HA!

I’m seeing it tomorrow - I hope it’s good, the last one was a let down.
Top Gun was really good as well.

Good luck with the Xenia, that can be especially hard to come by. I saw some Pom poms on reef cleaners recently for a really good price (+free shipping at over $65), I would’ve grabbed one if not for my hawk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing it tomorrow - I hope it’s good, the last one was a let down.
Top Gun was really good as well.

Good luck with the Xenia, that can be especially hard to come by. I saw some Pom poms on reef cleaners recently, I would’ve grabbed one if not for my hawk.
I hope it is good too and I agree the last one was a let down. Surprising, that is one of my sons favorites :face-with-rolling-eyes:. I don't get it.
I haven't seen Top gun yet. My parents did and they really liked it.

He had told me he gets the rub red xenia in about every two weeks so I hadn't expected to wait that long. I saw a nice pom pom on divers den a little while ago, but I couldn't justify how much it would have cost for one crab with shipping and there was nothing else I wanted from them. I twas sold by the next day. :smirking-face:

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been almost a month since I spoke to my Not-so-local fish and coral supplier about getting me some ruby red xenia and pom pom crabs. Still no word :(. I'm feeling a little bummed about the slow pace of being able to source things locally... Due to gas, I had hoped to make one trip and get everything including some ricordea, and RFA's. But at this rate a whole lot of nothing is happening. ::insert pouty face emoji here::: While I wait , I have been planning my assault on the GSP that is over taking my Biocube. I hope eventually to try a few things and will post some info on it if it works.

Sorry about the crabs. For what it's worth, I waited almost 6 months while my LFS kept a lookout. Unfortunately, they never showed up on the wholesaler lists, so I went online. I like to do it locally whenever possible, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Hopefully things change soon.

You'll have to post how it is, I'm dying to see it but we're stuck going to weddings two weekends in a row.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update but here is what is happening in my house tonight. I spent about and hour and half cleaning up the evo tonight. I wish I had taken a before picture but then I would also have to admit how gross it had gotten. Here is the after picture. Water is still cloudy because I tried to get up as much sand tube worms or snail poop, whichever it is. We may never know the answer to this great wonder if the world.
1D1844B0-46BA-4FA7-B54B-C9F3D92FF536.jpeg

At least with the dirty glass, I couldn’t see how empty the tank was. :confounded-face:

I also broke down my brine bucket nursery. :eek: Bye sea monkeys!!! It’s been fun but we have a lot of family coming in and out soon and the science experiment was getting a little gross. Plus since my cardinal died, I will just go back to feeding the BBS right after they hatch. The rock that I used to hold the airline at the bottom of the bucket is covered in GHA. Since GHA is my arched nemesis, I decided to drop the rock in a glass full of hydrogen peroxide and watch it slowly suffer it’s fate.
Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

BC59110B-FEDC-45B3-A9D0-4AA37895E176.jpeg

That’s all for tonight! Hope everyone is having a great week!

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update but here is what is happening in my house tonight. I spent about and hour and half cleaning up the evo tonight. I wish I had taken a before picture but then I would also have to admit how gross it had gotten. Here is the after picture. Water is still cloudy because I tried to get up as much sand tube worms or snail poop, whichever it is. We may never know the answer to this great wonder if the world.
1D1844B0-46BA-4FA7-B54B-C9F3D92FF536.jpeg

At least with the dirty glass, I couldn’t see how empty the tank was. :confounded-face:

I also broke down my brine bucket nursery. :eek: Bye sea monkeys!!! It’s been fun but we have a lot of family coming in and out soon and the science experiment was getting a little gross. Plus since my cardinal died, I will just go back to feeding the BBS right after they hatch. The rock that I used to hold the airline at the bottom of the bucket is covered in GHA. Since GHA is my arched nemesis, I decided to drop the rock in a glass full of hydrogen peroxide and watch it slowly suffer it’s fate.
Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

BC59110B-FEDC-45B3-A9D0-4AA37895E176.jpeg

That’s all for tonight! Hope everyone is having a great week!
Your aqua scape is truly lovely! Just joining recently Ive been missing out. Have you been having algae problems?

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your aqua scape is truly lovely! Just joining recently Ive been missing out. Have you been having algae problems?
Thank you. It was kind of slapped together but I think it will be a great home for a Pom Pom crab or two :smiling-face:.
The GHA problem was in my biocube. We bought it fully stocked from someone and it already had theproblem. I had no idea how much of an undertaking it would be to get rid of it. It is the reason I started the evo. The evo’s purpose is to act as a coral and invert quarantine for the biocube. It was about a 5 month battle but I think we are finally in a good place. I did see a little GHA trying to come back in the biocube and I instantly went to a dark place. Hahahahaha for the next three days, I just kept putting my turbo snails on top of it until they had cleared up almost all of it. So far I have been very fortunate to not have any major algae problems in the evo. My nutrients stay pretty low because I’m not feeding fish daily.

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. It was kind of slapped together but I think it will be a great home for a Pom Pom crab or two :smiling-face:.
The GHA problem was in my biocube. We bought it fully stocked from someone and it already had theproblem. I had no idea how much of an undertaking it would be to get rid of it. It is the reason I started the evo. The evo’s purpose is to act as a coral and invert quarantine for the biocube. It was about a 5 month battle but I think we are finally in a good place. I did see a little GHA trying to come back in the biocube and I instantly went to a dark place. Hahahahaha for the next three days, I just kept putting my turbo snails on top of it until they had cleared up almost all of it. So far I have been very fortunate to not have any major algae problems in the evo. My nutrients stay pretty low because I’m not feeding fish daily.
I used to battle bryposis / GHA often in my years of nano tanks. I always thought it was due to over feeding and not enough filtration. Over time I learned it was actually the opposite! Now I make sure to dose ample foods/phyto and keep a stable nutrient level. It surprisingly helps a lot with the algae. Microbacter7 also does wonders. And reef flux if it gets out of control! That stuff wiped out a tank full of bryposis in a week once. And a hungry emerald crab. My first tank was a bio cube.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back