Biocube frag tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G8rNation
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

G8rNation

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2014
Messages
300
Reaction score
165
Location
Grand island, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows it going everyone? For the past couple years I could only maintain small tanks due to being in the military. currently my only set up I have is a bc 14 with a steves LED retro, media basket with a refug, and powerhead. I will be returning home in the next 6 months or so and was curious if anyone has used these biocubes with any success as frag tanks? what mods did you go with(ie barebottom, skimmer, fish)? my frag tank will mostly consist of Z & P's. Thanks in advance. pictures are always a plus :usa:
 
Hello G8rNation ! The one drawback I foresee is the small volume of water and area.Also in my experience Bio cubes can run hot,especially in the summer months.I would put crushed coral somewhere in the tank to help stabilize pH and to house beneficial bacteria.Plan on doing small regular water changes and it should work out great for Zoas and other softies!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new