Biocube Question

Charlie G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 32g Biocube for just over a year now. I am planning to put a refugium with Chaeto in the second chamber. I have n intake media basket in the 2nd chamber at the moment and also have an intake refuge basket but not sure I will use as I read some threads about flow issues. At the same time leaving it open without the basket can be messy. I also read one thread where they used the sides of the Biocube factory media basket and glued it to the fuge basket.

One thread mentioned the water in the back is filled above the notch in the divider between chamber 2 and 3 and that helps with flow. I realized I keep my water in the back below that.

Would like to ask those that have a Biocube what level do you keep the water (above or below that notch) and what have you notified with that?

Also any advice regarding the refugium? Basket ? No basket? Any hacks?

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question :)

BPCGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 32g Biocube for just over a year now. I am planning to put a refugium with Chaeto in the second chamber. I have n intake media basket in the 2nd chamber at the moment and also have an intake refuge basket but not sure I will use as I read some threads about flow issues. At the same time leaving it open without the basket can be messy. I also read one thread where they used the sides of the Biocube factory media basket and glued it to the fuge basket.

One thread mentioned the water in the back is filled above the notch in the divider between chamber 2 and 3 and that helps with flow. I realized I keep my water in the back below that.

Would like to ask those that have a Biocube what level do you keep the water (above or below that notch) and what have you notified with that?

Also any advice regarding the refugium? Basket ? No basket? Any hacks?

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
I glued the Biocube stock basket to the sides of the intank fuge basket. It has worked ok. I also keep my tank filled to the notch, allowing some spillage over to chamber 3
honestly I think the fuge basket is pretty useless. You could probably just add a second media basket and take out the shelves.
I didn’t have much luck with cheato. I have had some success with Ulva sea lettuce. I keep a small rock and a media cube from algae barn at the bottom of the fuge basket. I’m not too worried about flow.

OP
OP
C

Charlie G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued the Biocube stock basket to the sides of the intank fuge basket. It has worked ok. I also keep my tank filled to the notch, allowing some spillage over to chamber 3
honestly I think the fuge basket is pretty useless. You could probably just add a second media basket and take out the shelves.
I didn’t have much luck with cheato. I have had some success with Ulva sea lettuce. I keep a small rock and a media cube from algae barn at the bottom of the fuge basket. I’m not too worried about flow.
Got it. Thank you.

I just started with Chaeto. Did put the fuge basket in just to elevate it a little. I did not glue to sides of the stock basket to it as I was concerned it might restrict flow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back