Biocube29 evaporation rates

Justintegra99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI guys!

I recently removed my hood and am a little alarmed at how much more evaporation I am seeing from my tank. I'm just looking for a comparison real quick. What kind of evaporation are others with similar setups seeing?

Biocube 29 - open hood, Kessil A360 about 10 inches above the waterline.
 
I can’t comment on your system specifically but I know when I started out I was also alarmed at the amount of water that evaporates from a fish tank!

I get through about 100 litres of top up RODI in 14 days but my system is bigger.

And if you’ve taken the lid off it will probably make it evaporate even more and it also depends on the rooms temperature etc.

I’m sure we’ll get some ideas from members with similar setups for you.
 
I go thru about 2-3 cups of water a day. I been watching my system and it all depends the room temp
 
evaporation rates are going to vary based on several variables. i like the look of the biocube hoods so i leave mine on. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new