biological filtration upgrade or no?

saixiong08

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
162
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a fluval spec v with all of the standard filtration that came with the tank. My goal for this tank is to house 1 fish, a cuc, and a few soft and lps corals. Would i need to upgrade it or not?

 
I would focus more on keeping that mechanical filtration clean, but you can always upgrade. Look on dr fosters and smith for filter pads. You can buy big pieces and cut out the shapes you want, I used to do this for my canister filter. I'm assuming those white things are ceramic, I would definitely upgrade those. I always preach sintered glass filter media, if you have the room, I would upgrade those for sure.
 
I've have my spec up for 4 months with that system. I did squeeze an extra bag of chemipure in one of the slots as well as a chunk of polyfilter that I have under that foam. So far so good. As mentioned, rinse out real well when cleaning
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new