P81927111.JPG

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! I want some frags!

Starting to itch. Need to feed the addiction some more now.

OP
OP
biom

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Some info about the system: almost 3 years old, 77 gal, SPS dominated, bare bottom, ATI Powermodule 6x54 T5, Deltec APF 600, carbon and amino acids dosing.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Look great:cool:

OP
OP
biom

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Randy, yes there are 8 fish ( they are not seen on the pictures, because they were scared to dead by my underwater camera). It is small tank about 75 gal water. I'll describe my system next days.

genetao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! They're beautiful! Can we get a full tank shot??? Do you follow a dosing regiment?

OP
OP
biom

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_27581.JPG

Most of the corals lost their vibrant colors due to fenbendazole treating against pulsing Xenia, now slowly recovering.
I'm dosing vodka/vinegar mix, amino acids, potassium, iron, iodine, nitrates.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was reading some post on Redfield Ratio you had made and came over to look at you tank, Very nice:), now back to reading

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give a more detailed breakdown on your dosing levels?

More pictures would be great also, especially the millis.

x2 I too have been dosing trace and majors and would love to hear and see what you are doing?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous reef!

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@biom Stoyan, is that large light purple/blue coral in the upper left a mille/hyacinthus/spath? I would love to see more pics of it! I LOVE it's growth shape!

OP
OP
biom

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give a more detailed breakdown on your dosing levels?

More pictures would be great also, especially the millis.

Currently (from almost 9 months) I'm dosing only pH neutral organic carbon source and mix of 8 bioactive elements like iron, manganese, iodine etc. No aminos, no vitamins or special coral food. I'm keeping Ca, Mg and Alk in track with balanced additive. And there are NO water changes for almost a year.

picture of the pink milli - very sensitive to light and water chemistry species, one of my favorite "water & light quality indicators". Picture is not processed, pink color is kind a fluorescent and very hard to be represented well by camera. Polyps are in electric green color in reality.
images hosting

OP
OP
biom

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just was reading some post on Redfield Ratio you had made and came over to look at you tank, Very nice:), now back to reading
Thank you jsker, (I'm always playing Stephen Hawking in the reef Universe, trying to explain how it works :))))

x2 I too have been dosing trace and majors and would love to hear and see what you are doing?
I'm using only products developed and tested in our laboratory, may be one day they will be commercialized. I'm dosing daily 3 products: balanced two part, organic carbon and mix of 8 bioactive elements. Every six months I'm testing my water (ICP - Triton) and adjusting (if needed) Potassium, Strontium and Boron. I'm doing no water changes, because two part is ionic balanced.

Gorgeous reef!
Thank you revhtree, glad you like it. (from my side I like very much new Reef 2 Reef App for Smartphones ;) )

@biom Stoyan, is that large light purple/blue coral in the upper left a mille/hyacinthus/spath? I would love to see more pics of it! I LOVE it's growth shape!

Hi Mindy, thank you I also like the shape of pink hyacinthus (yes, it is hyacinthus), its color is not first class but it is one of my fast growing acros (together with green rainbow milli)

You can see part of it here ind the front left, and you can see green-rainbow milli in the middle - it is one one year and 5 months old (started as one inch frag).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back