Biopellet = Cloudy Water

  • Thread starter Thread starter paulsvang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

paulsvang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal guys. I just installed a biopellet reactor in my tank. 73 gallons. I only used 1/2 cup of bio pellets by Twofish. The outlet is directed to the skimmer. I'm not sure why after 3 days, my water is cloudy. There's barely any biopellets in the reactor. I'm confused. Any thoughts on this guys. Should I just ride it out. Will it clear out by itself?
 
I would do some water changes. Sounds like you have a bacterial bloom going on. My water was cloudy for a couple of days after installing my BP reactor, with some water changes it cleared up. Is your output from the rector being fed into your skimmer. Skimming is very important to remove the bacteria. JME
 
Yes it's pointed at the skimmer intake. I guess I will have to do some water changes. I was hoping it would clear up on its own
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new