• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Biota shipping

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

OceanSprayCranberry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not impressed with Biota’s shipping at all. Last week I got tired of having credit from a previous order and decided to just use it on a wysiwyg acro colony. Then I realized they don’t have free shipping over a certain amount anymore, so $50 of that credit went towards shipping.
I got the package yesterday and the stench from the box was horrendous. There we 2 heat packs in the box and the bag was sitting right on top of one of them. Tracking shows UPS picked it up at 2:26pm and didn’t leave Florida until 9:57pm. So this sat in 85 degree weather with 2 heat packs for 7hrs. So my $210 credit has turned into $110 credit after this guarantee request, not to mention time off work.
CD68876C-E8F2-4D3C-94BE-32FC6C9EFC76.jpeg
E79F9D81-F14A-40D5-BE55-FDD370743B68.jpeg
16F8C0C2-1F54-47E2-802F-27F58A31BCA5.png
323E447C-060F-44A2-A7E6-973670B6A627.jpeg

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey An,

Prior to your posting Felicia had emailed you mentioning we would be covering the shipping cost on your next shipment. Understandable we're also incredibly upset when our animals do not make the transit because the extra time and effort to bring a cultured animal to market at their perspective facilities.

Our team uses heat packs based on both the receiving location and the mid facility location (typically Lexington, KY) to determine number of heat packs. I believe in your area it was going down to the 20s at night and in Kentucky down to the 30s so the team used 2 heatpacks. We've done extensive testing at our facility with controllers and monitors to ensure the best success when shipping (number of heat packs, thickness of styros, water volume, ect.).

Since we use long term heat packs they generally do not get overwhelmingly hot like the short term even through extended stays in Florida the packages don't get too hot. We've had shipments returned to us after circulating around Florida distribution centers intended for colder climates return back to us with no issues.

Hopefully that solution is adequate, please let us know if we can help with anything else.

OP
OP
O

OceanSprayCranberry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey An,

Prior to your posting Felicia had emailed you mentioning we would be covering the shipping cost on your next shipment. Understandable we're also incredibly upset when our animals do not make the transit because the extra time and effort to bring a cultured animal to market at their perspective facilities.

Our team uses heat packs based on both the receiving location and the mid facility location (typically Lexington, KY) to determine number of heat packs. I believe in your area it was going down to the 20s at night and in Kentucky down to the 30s so the team used 2 heatpacks. We've done extensive testing at our facility with controllers and monitors to ensure the best success when shipping (number of heat packs, thickness of styros, water volume, ect.).

Since we use long term heat packs they generally do not get overwhelmingly hot like the short term even through extended stays in Florida the packages don't get too hot. We've had shipments returned to us after circulating around Florida distribution centers intended for colder climates return back to us with no issues.

Hopefully that solution is adequate, please let us know if we can help with anything else.
My apologies for not checking my email. I looked shortly after posting. I appreciate you guys reaching out.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back