Bird of Paradise and ICP Testing

nonagon13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My established reef tank is doing well. The build is nearly a year old, much pf the contents having been transferred over from a smaller tank (zoas, euphilia, rocks, fish etc).

I have been running the Triton method (core-7) for the past several months using a Jebao doser. I am successfully growing (very slowly) acroporas such as walt disney, some no-name acro, bali slimer, slimeball etc since October last year. While I am able to get these corals to grow, I am completely unable to keep any type of birdsnest coral alive. I have killed basic birdsnests, bird of paradise, etc.

Here are my first ever ICP results https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/93857

I know my calcium and potassium are quite low; I have already ordered the reagents and they are on their way. I have not had any weird swings or problems in my tank. Are there any other red flags in my system that would be the culprit for killing off birdsnest corals? The only other variable I can think of is that I top off ro-di water by hand as I don't have room for an ATI at this time.

You can see the dying bird of paradise which I have since removed and thrown away as it had tissue necrosis :(

1582308228369.png

1582308291638.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back