Birds nest losing color!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jnudell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jnudell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months into the hobby, and I came across a large birds nest colony for $20 that I couldn’t resist.

Looked nice and green when I got it although I’ve noticed it’s started losing color mainly on one side. The tips still seem to be green.

If it is lighting, does this look like a problem of too much or too little?

I’ve read that 0 nitrates and phosphates can make corals upset, so working on increasing those. Although I would think that would affect the whole coral not mainly one side?

Would appreciate some input from those with expertise before I start guessing and randomly changing things!

Thanks

0 ammonia
0 nitrate

Calcium 375
KH 9.0
Mag 1175
Phos 0

IMG_9299.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new