Birds nest tissue loss

midflorida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another birds nest thread but I’m so confused as to why it’s loosing tissue? I noticed the spots this morning and snapped some pics. I’ll test when I get home but everything had been perfect, no additions to the tank in over 3 months.
6FDA3BA6-BB8C-4B4F-AF0D-62263B8C6848.jpeg
0D660CD1-902C-4EA9-8003-03C2AC6D8B95.jpeg C4F35361-B8D6-4D40-AF4E-AA06C9924316.jpeg

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bird's nests are so finicky. How's your flow around the bird's nest? If you grew this into a mini Colony perhaps it's not getting same flow as when it was small.

Have you been testing all your parameters? Can you list them? How long have you had this piece?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral tissue loss can be caused by a number of factors, including poor water quality, low lighting levels, inadequate nutrition, and pest infestations. Here are some potential causes of coral tissue loss and what you can do to address them:

Poor water quality. Coral tissue loss can be caused by high levels of nitrates, phosphates, and other pollutants in the water. To improve water quality, you can use a high-quality protein skimmer, perform regular water changes, and make sure your filtration system is working properly.

Low lighting levels. Coral requires a certain amount of light to thrive, and low light levels can lead to tissue loss. To improve lighting levels, you can make sure that your coral is placed in an area of the tank that receives adequate light, and consider using higher-wattage bulbs or adding additional light fixtures to your tank.

Inadequate nutrition. Coral needs a variety of nutrients to stay healthy, including calcium, magnesium, and trace elements. To ensure that your coral is getting the nutrients it needs, you can add supplements to your tank, such as calcium and trace element supplements.

Pest infestations. Coral tissue loss can also be caused by pests such as flatworms, nudibranchs, and acropora-eating flatworms. To address pest infestations, you can use chemical treatments specifically designed for these pests or remove the infected coral from the tank and treat it separately.

All the best.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back