Birdsnest tissue loss

Kyle Seeley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2016
Messages
102
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added this coral 2 days ago and polyps have not opened and it appears to be losing tissue.

Levels

Salinity: 1.024
Alk: 7 dkh
Nitrates: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
PH: 8.1
Phosphates: .25
IMG_1477364658.156650.jpg
 
It may not like your lower Alk. level if it came from from a higher Alk. level. They also seem to like their current. By the looks in the pic I would be leaning towards the Alk. level, try boosting it to 8 or 9 and I believe you will see it improve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new