Birmingham get together scheduled

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be meeting on two consecutive days giving everyone a chance to come to one or both. Please let it be known if you're coming and what day(s). Look forward to meeting everyone!

We could meet on a Saturday or Sunday. whatever is better for everyone.... shall we take a vote? How about we pick actual dates to see how many would show... vote for one or either...
SATURDAY MARCH 23rd @ 5pm
vs.
SUNDAY MARCH 24th @ Noon

We could pull together to place an order of over $200 and avoid shipping charges, get to know others for advice, tank sitting, etc... I live in downtown Birmingham next to workplay. We have a ground floor club room we can use.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361469525.583301.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361469535.466839.jpg

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems BARF has set a date so I'll cancel mine. Take care.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to keep the dates open. I've received a shocking number of responses seeking a different club. I need somebody to assist with this? Do I have a volunteer? This will be a meeting for adults. If you're in the coral farming business that's awesome, but this won't be your sorta thing unless after the meeting people wanna chat. At this meeting sharing ideas is great!!! Coming here intent on showing others what they're doing wrong? Please don't. Watch this thread and PLEASE CALL ME if you'd like to help 205.639.9539

Again the gathering has nada to do with barf or any other existing organization.
Here is the "Club Room" we'll use...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361656955.335831.jpg

I believe we are all if not then later will deal withLEDS. How about a show/tell. See how various fixtures look on same tank.
Also we Weill place an order with LIVEAQUARIA well have computers and TV. Bring cash!!!! If u intend to order. Details will follow..

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for the order from LIVEAQUARIA
If you're interested in place an order... We'll go through catalogue on the TV and anyone has questions about care, reef safe,etc... One if us should know answers or warnings.

Last edited:

TypeR632

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your asking about LEDS? Not really sure with your sentence. You could come to Farmer Marks house and he could give you an in depth lesson regarding LEDS vs. METAL HALIDES. Come and check out a fully electronic controlled system ask questions, hang out and eat some food.

You will never hear us say 'My way is the only way, we're totally against that. Don't see the point of meeting at a room with no tank and making an order off of the TV there. People can do that at home. As far as questions go, isn't that what the forums are for? If you ask nicely farmer Mark would probably be more than willing to make an order from the source. It cuts out the middle man (LiveAquaria) and lowers cost. I know he's made order all over the world.

If your just wanting some people to boss around with your "strict" rules go ahead. Like stated before most of us are grown with family's and jobs. We have to put up with d#@kheads all day and not by choice.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In depth lessons? We all have the net. We all have experience.. The fact that you'd offer a "lesson" on a topic with so many vastly different opinions is my point exactly. What's with the territorial posturing? Don't wanna come? Don't. Not sure why you feel somehow threatened by a different gathering on a different day.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI. I'm a 40yr old guy who's not been able to work in over 8yrs. I've had a major back surgery every year since. I have a tough time getting around. Again since have space, time, etc.... I thought it'd be nice to have some people over who are into the hobby. It's that simple. Why you feel somehow threatened is beyond me.
My back....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361708425.407225.jpg

TypeR632

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not threatened at all.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back