BJD, nooooooo

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdubs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tdubs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2025
Messages
65
Reaction score
57
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled it, it was 2 heads- and the 2nd head had begun splitting into a 3rd.

I don't have a band saw so ended up using a Dremel, though there wasn't much room to hold the torch (it is short).

Unfortunately, i had to cut through the flesh band to get to the infected part. I know it's ugly, think it will survive?

Did a deep iodine dip... And then put it in the sand bed. dang. Should I cover exposed skeleton with Super glue?
ed872736-088a-428a-8b9b-12a2ebd1cbff.jpg


ba1590e4-406b-49c0-a534-eaf477db83fc.png


8fef278e-2cce-47bb-9afc-d6430fb18ad9.jpg


48c63929-ef4e-45d7-b52d-24345fe44f4b.jpg

What's the prognosis??
 
I pulled it, it was 2 heads- and the 2nd head had begun splitting into a 3rd.

I don't have a band saw so ended up using a Dremel, though there wasn't much room to hold the torch (it is short).

Unfortunately, i had to cut through the flesh band to get to the infected part. I know it's ugly, think it will survive?

Did a deep iodine dip... And then put it in the sand bed. dang. Should I cover exposed skeleton with Super glue?
ed872736-088a-428a-8b9b-12a2ebd1cbff.jpg


ba1590e4-406b-49c0-a534-eaf477db83fc.png


8fef278e-2cce-47bb-9afc-d6430fb18ad9.jpg


48c63929-ef4e-45d7-b52d-24345fe44f4b.jpg

What's the prognosis??

I can’t say whether or not this head will make it; however, I can share that I once cracked a hammer’s skeleton in half (bone cutters *sigh*). I carefully glued it together and it’s thriving. So I think your dremel work looks fine.
 
I pulled it, it was 2 heads- and the 2nd head had begun splitting into a 3rd.

I don't have a band saw so ended up using a Dremel, though there wasn't much room to hold the torch (it is short).

Unfortunately, i had to cut through the flesh band to get to the infected part. I know it's ugly, think it will survive?

Did a deep iodine dip... And then put it in the sand bed. dang. Should I cover exposed skeleton with Super glue?
ed872736-088a-428a-8b9b-12a2ebd1cbff.jpg


ba1590e4-406b-49c0-a534-eaf477db83fc.png


8fef278e-2cce-47bb-9afc-d6430fb18ad9.jpg


48c63929-ef4e-45d7-b52d-24345fe44f4b.jpg

What's the prognosis??

I can’t say whether or not this head will make it; however, I can share that I once cracked a hammer’s skeleton in half (bone cutters *sigh*). I carefully glued it together and it’s thriving. So I think your dremel work looks fine.
Ha, I did the the same to a torch once trying to remove it from a plug, the skeleton just crumbled... It never grew back just right after glueing it and always looked kinda weird, but I survived
 
Maybe I saved it.. hope so
d4e8cb42-daf5-4b61-82d0-846231d29163.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new