Black and White anemone host

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, looking to get the perfect anemone for my black and white. I've been looking into a bubble tip or L/T. Just looking for some advice on possible best anemone hosts for the black and white species. Thanks!

The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural hosts for ocellaris clowns are Heteractis Magnifica, Stichodactyla Gigantea, and Stichodactyla Mertensii. However these are also the most difficult to keep and find.I was lucky and found a b/w clown that was hosting a Lta in store. For a beginner I would recommend a Bta or Lta. even then it is a hit or miss with getting them to Host

burden2626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would go with bta they come in alot of differnt colors i think a clown will host any nem realy people have them hosted by condys i have black and orange in a gbta

burden2626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
df69181a39309d4fe7e2780a4d03966c.jpg

burden2626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its opinion but after i seen these rainbow or sunburst bta's so much color. and to add bta's splitt so its buy one get one or more

burden2626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iam not sure but my percula took to nem first and my oc got lonley and went in after. i played video's on my phone of clowns swimming in nems. my bta is 12inches so they had no choice but to be intrested . some people put them in strainers together till they bound or can try a pipe aproach put pipe over the nem and put clown down it . one good thing if you do try the pipe idea i think bta's stings are not the worst cause my tang and green clown goby bounce on the nem to try to steal its food and nothing happens to them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back