Black Friday Sales: Map Priced Items?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MannyDel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does BRS have discounts for items with MAP pricing on Black Friday? I'm interested in the Red Sea Reefers, Reef Octopus skimmers and pumps, and the Ecotech pumps or lights.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall correctly a few Map priced brands went on sale last year but it was pretty minimal compared to everything else. It wouldn't be worth waiting for.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some MAP items are discounted but the discount comes from the manufacturer so the same discount is usually seen at all the dealers. Just like Bose on Black Friday. Everyone will have the same Bose products on sale because that is what Bose is allowing.

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some MAP items are discounted but the discount comes from the manufacturer so the same discount is usually seen at all the dealers. Just like Bose on Black Friday. Everyone will have the same Bose products on sale because that is what Bose is allowing.

I agree the map pricing is what it is so that it doesn’t drive business away from the lfs. Otherwise online sites like BRS would close down a bunch of our lfs. In a pinch the internet is not going to be there for you like a good lfs will be.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no MAP on Red Sea so you should be able to get a deal on one from the right dealer. Reef Octo can also be found at a discount. Ecotech is harder to find but there are a few online sellers. I bought two MP60QDs for $525 each with free shipping and no tax.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All above is accurate. Ecotech stuff does go on sale usually once a year, for a very short time spam and it's not everything. The problem with the times when you see some really good deal on the MAP priced manufacturers items from places that aren't BRS or Marine Depot is that it is someone getting an account with Ecotech or another and purchasing store use fixtures then selling them off. The problem that you as the buyer will run into with these shady dealings is that you won't have any warranty coverage, because it was not a retail serial number. Working in the industry unfortunately I have witnessed this more than I would like to. If it is MAP priced and you see it below that other than direct from one of the major players in the industry you should see red flags.

OP
OP
M

MannyDel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some local dealers (not LFS) who are selling Red Sea tanks for lower prices ($850 rather than $1040 or $1100 rather than $1470). The deal is great but should I run the other way?

I've spoken with both and both have been helpful. One is also active on my local forum as well. I have seen pics from one dealer and the tank looks new although it's already assembled.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some local dealers (not LFS) who are selling Red Sea tanks for lower prices ($850 rather than $1040 or $1100 rather than $1470). The deal is great but should I run the other way?

I've spoken with both and both have been helpful. One is also active on my local forum as well. I have seen pics from one dealer and the tank looks new although it's already assembled.

As Mentioned above, Red Sea is not MAP priced, but warranty claims might be a problem if the seller is not a true "Authorized Red Sea Dealer". They very well could be, that I don't know but would probably check into prior to purchase. I don't know how Red Sea would be with any warranty claims from what they might consider a used second hand tank. If they are a red sea dealer and want to only make 5% profit instead of 25%, that is on them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back