Black ich?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong (I haven’t used NFG yet personally) but I think @HotRocks has mentioned not using NFG with copper. Rather using the trifecta, and following with NFG after copper? Maybe he can chime in and set me straight lol

I believe you are correct. I thought he had removed the fish from copper.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong (I haven’t used NFG yet personally) but I think @HotRocks has mentioned not using NFG with copper. Rather using the trifecta, and following with NFG after copper? Maybe he can chime in and set me straight lol
You are correct. No setting straight needed. :) I would advise against the use of NFG with copper. It contains antibiotics + methalyne blue. The methalyne will completely wipe the biofilter. The combination of all the meds and dying bacteria creates far too low of an oxygen level.

NFG is best used in a sterile tank without a working biofilter using prime to combat ammonia. Or adding biospira to a new tank so the biofilter is established in the presence of NFG.

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct. No setting straight needed. :) I would advise against the use of NFG with copper. It contains antibiotics + methalyne blue. The methalyne will completely wipe the biofilter. The combination of all the meds and dying bacteria creates far too low of an oxygen level.

NFG is best used in a sterile tank without a working biofilter using prime to combat ammonia. Or adding biospira to a new tank so the biofilter is established in the presence of NFG.
I did not know that. Thanks for that info. I have used nfg with copper in the past with 0 issues. Just saying

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know that. Thanks for that info. I have used nfg with copper in the past with 0 issues. Just saying
I have used them together as well. If you only had a couple of fish in a fair sized tank, you may not incur the oxygen issue. Heavily stocked QTs are in major jeopardy. More fish = less oxygen available. It also would have a larger colony of bacteria, which leads to a larger die off and more issues.

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them together as well. If you only had a couple of fish in a fair sized tank, you may not incur the oxygen issue. Heavily stocked QTs are in major jeopardy. More fish = less oxygen available. It also would have a larger colony of bacteria, which leads to a larger die off and more issues.
Its a 20 gallon long with just those 2 fish in it. I did have a ammonia issue last week but i took care if with biospora

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictured today. Still eating VERY aggressively. Its not red it black

20190408_171345.jpg

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the trifecta and i just removed them from copper and out them in a sterile tank. any other suggestions?

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not feeding metro laced food. I will do it. Does it makes sense that regal angel has it also?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not feeding metro laced food. I will do it. Does it makes sense that regal angel has it also?
Very much so. Can you upload photo of the regal? If it's not Uronema it could be bacterial. Either way it's best to attack the water and food in this scenario.

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very much so. Can you upload photo of the regal? If it's not Uronema it could be bacterial. Either way it's best to attack the water and food in this scenario.
See prior post with picture from the angek

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u see the picture of the angel?

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it got worse on the anthias and the angel is not showing any signs if it. I am dosing metroplex. I want to put the angel in the DT what should l i do?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the same just darker red. Im definitely leaning towards uronema. If the angel is not showing anything is he good 2 go in the DT?
No, complete treatment then. Uronema is likely. 14 days metro and feed metro and focus or the same timeframe. Even if the fish in the same tank aren’t showing symptoms.

I don’t see definitive black ich but uronema is no joke...

OP
OP
S

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema affect
No, complete treatment then. Uronema is likely. 14 days metro and feed metro and focus or the same timeframe. Even if the fish in the same tank aren’t showing symptoms.

I don’t see definitive black ich but uronema is no joke...
Dies it affect angels as well?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back