OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By over a few hours do you mean something like 7 hours?
the last one I did was about 5 hours. I have a 2.5 gallon aquarium that is filled a few inches with fresh water. Then I drip about one drip per second of saltwater from the tank the molly will be going into. Once it’s filled I net him and put him into the new tank.

Dmb092182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the last one I did was about 5 hours. I have a 2.5 gallon aquarium that is filled a few inches with fresh water. Then I drip about one drip per second of saltwater from the tank the molly will be going into. Once it’s filled I net him and put him into the new tank.
Have you ever seen how bad saltwater ich is on a molly. Will it be peppered or only a few dots. I have 2 mollys in the tank one has a small speck of white on back fin. I am really not sure if it was there. But that’s all I see just looking at them. They do love eating algae.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two batches of normal black mollies (around 1-1/2") that have gone through extensive acclimation. First batch, 8/10 survived from 1.001 to 1.026 over 3 weeks. Second batch just hit 1.026sg this weekend after around a month, I have 7/10 remaining, unfortunately both males died. They seem to have plateaus at around 1.015, and then again around 1.20.

The larger sailfins seem to tolerate higher salinity better, and potentially higher flows better. I have my first set in my frag qt tank in the sump to clean it up while I check to see if ich hits on them. They are doing just fine in there and I'll most likely just keep them in both parts of the tank. The second set I was hoping they would be breeding by now, but again, no males made it.

Dmb092182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two batches of normal black mollies (around 1-1/2") that have gone through extensive acclimation. First batch, 8/10 survived from 1.001 to 1.026 over 3 weeks. Second batch just hit 1.026sg this weekend after around a month, I have 7/10 remaining, unfortunately both males died. They seem to have plateaus at around 1.015, and then again around 1.20.

The larger sailfins seem to tolerate higher salinity better, and potentially higher flows better. I have my first set in my frag qt tank in the sump to clean it up while I check to see if ich hits on them. They are doing just fine in there and I'll most likely just keep them in both parts of the tank. The second set I was hoping they would be breeding by now, but again, no males made it.
I bought the black velvet ones. I think they are the smaller ones.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen how bad saltwater ich is on a molly. Will it be peppered or only a few dots. I have 2 mollys in the tank one has a small speck of white on back fin. I am really not sure if it was there. But that’s all I see just looking at them. They do love eating algae.
I’ve had one CP treatment failure. The black molly was covered with velvet dusting and died within 24 hours. Haven’t had an ick failure so not sure how bad that would be.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back